Summer 2020 Dates TBD
8U: 10am - 11:30am, Field A
10U: 11:30am - 1:30pm, Field A
12U: 10am - 11:30am, Field B
Pitchers/Catchers arrive 30 minutes before tryouts.
For those girls looking for a more competitive softball experience, Branham Hills Girls Softball has a Summer and Fall Thunder travel ball program.
2018 Summer Thunder Teams (8U, 10U, and 12U)
The Thunder Team Selection Process
The girls will be put through a variety of drills to rate throwing, catching, hitting, fielding, etc. They are rated on each skill & those ratings are used to select the team.
After the teams have been formed, asst coaches and managers are suggested by the head coach, and will need board approval.
First and Second teams
An initial team will be formed with the ~12 top scoring girls. If there is enough interest and coaching, a second team will be formed.
If a player has been selected to play on the first team, they cannot opt to instead play on the second team. If they do not want to "make" the first team, they need to communicate their wishes on the application for consideration.
Want to be a Thunder Coach, Manager, or Assistant Coach?
- Nominates Manager and Assistant Coaches (subject to Board approval) after team is selected
- Determines line-ups and playing time
- Organizes and runs practices and overall strategies
- Part of the team selection committee.
- Communicates with parents
- Coordinates registration with BHGS, fundraising, uniforms, tournament applications, travel plans
- Communicates practice and game schedules
- Arranges tournament potluck lunches with parents
- Assists the Head Coach and Manager with practices and games